Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Introduction

Hello, Readers!

For my first post, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Courtney. Does that tell you anything about me? Perhaps I should be more specific. I'm a wife and a stay at home mom (SAHM). I LOVE to sew. I love to bake. I... like to cook (not my favorite). I get lost in historical romance novels. I can probably recite every episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Doc McStuffins word-for-word. I'm allergic to household chores (who isn't?). I suppose that's good enough for an introduction, right?

So, what is all this about? Why did I decide to make a blog? Well, I want to spread the wealth of knowledge that I've picked up over the years. "Wealth" might be a little hefty of a word. But I'd like to help others with little things that I know. Things I've learned sewing. My go-to recipes and amazing discoveries (and not-so-brilliant disasters). Funny family stories. Mommy moments. Basically, one mom/wife sharing what she knows to let others know they're not entirely crazy. And maybe my hobbies will help others fill that "need-to-do-something" void. As I continue to blog, don't hesitate to recommend a topic, or ask for clarification. I plan on doing plenty of sewing tutorials, some baking blogs, and maybe some crocheting posts as well. And we're in the process of potty training, so, might share some tips and tricks about that as well... if we're successful haha. Being the sentimental person I am, I may even do a few strolls down memory lane. Stay tuned and you may learn something new, or let loose a giggle or two, or nod your head in a sympathetic "been there", or get watery eyes because you will be there soon.

Until next time,
Laugh instead of cry, and put your projects away for a few hours to clear your head. Play with your kids and don't be too serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment